Dynamic Career Opportunity
Collision Analysis is an established automotive forensic consulting and accident reconstruction firm with offices in Calgary, Alberta, and Marina del Rey, California.
We provide comprehensive expert consulting in the area of automotive forensics including collision reconstruction, injury biomechanics, human factors, and product failure analysis to a client base of law firms, insurance companies, government agencies and fleet operators throughout Canada and the United States.
Collision Analysis is seeking a candidate possessing an engineering degree together with a substantial knowledge of automotive systems. The candidate will initially conduct motor vehicle collision and defect investigations for a large governmental client. This opportunity to enter the exciting field of forensic engineering has excellent career development potential.
- Conduct motor vehicle defect and collision investigations including:
- source defect and collision investigation files
- obtain information from the public, police, and other stakeholders
- inspect vehicles, vehicle components, and incident scenes
- collect evidence and maintain evidence integrity
- conduct research on defect background and system/component technologies
- analyse vehicle and component failures
- reconstruct vehicle collision dynamics and occupant movement
- produce collision scene diagrams using computer assisted drafting
- write technical investigation reports
- communicate with the public regarding potential vehicle defect
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering and 2 years of engineering work experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with additional qualifications in the areas of automotive engineering
- Knowledge of musculoskeletal system and automotive injury an asset
- Substantial practical and theoretical knowledge of automotive systems
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Sound analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including CAD
- Superior interpersonal skills to communicate with colleagues and clients in a professional manner
- Ability to work under short time constraints when required
- Must be able to travel to inspection sites
- Enthusiasm, integrity and perseverance to produce high quality work product for our company and clients
- Valid Canadian driver’s licence and passport
- Eligible for security clearance through the Government of Canada
The successful candidate is expected to have the ability to progress and perform inspections and reconstruction analyses with minimal supervision. Areas for future advancement include opportunities to provide insurance and legal clients with technical collision reconstruction analyses and to provide technical evidence for clients in a court of law.
Candidates should submit a cover letter with their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org The cover letter should summarize their post-graduate employment as well as highlight relevant automotive and other outstanding experiences.
- November 2, 2020
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.